Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eric’s Flowers

Ever since Eric was a very little boy, he’s brought me flowers. For whatever reason, and on a fairly regular basis - he’ll be walking home from school, or out in the yard, whatever - and he’ll very often present me with a cherry sprig, or apple blossoms, as he comes upon them. I think it’s very sweet! : )

We’ve lived here, in our current home, for almost fourteen years now, and every Spring Eric catches the fever, notices the beauty of the world around him and wants to share it. What a good kid! So if it’s a couple of dandelions, maybe accompanied by a little note when he was younger, or a colorful bloom from some other flowering tree he’s happened across, it always warms my heart when Eric shares the joy of the season! Makes this Mama’s day. : )

I know our kids our getting bigger, growing up, and are eventually, perhaps sooner than I’d like to admit, going to leave the nest. But I seriously can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. It seems like we just moved here, with four little kids. . . Tommy a brand new baby, Laena, four, and 3 year old twins. Eric was so tiny then. . .

Hopefully he’ll stick around for a couple of years longer! Mama loves those pretty flowers.

2 comments:

marcie said...

Eric is such a sweet kid. Animal lover and flower presenter. I will always remember how much he really loved the horses when he came over. It wasn't just about riding them to him it was about their personalities too. You're a great kid Eric!

Amy Mason said...

Thanks, Marcie! : )