Monday, September 29, 2008

Adolescent Shenanigans!

Last week I was getting sick of the teenagers and their 'exasperating eccentricities'.

Here's why:

Clint, while hanging around at the middle school after hours, apparently felt the need to 'punch a window'. (Understandably skeptical pause.) Yes, you heard correctly. I don't know if he meant the actual window, or the window frame, but for whatever reason, and who can figure out the mind of a 16 yr old boy, he thought it might be entertaining to crunch up his hand, and consequently, have HIS MOMMY make an extra trip to the doc to check it out. Fortunately, he'd only bruised it, as the x-ray showed no fractures. Clint thought the pictures very . . cool, until they told him that he was missing growth plates and probably wouldn't end up much taller than he is now. Part of me almost wanted to chuckle.  : )

Laena thought it would be fun to set up a blinking web cam on our computer, and chat with 20-year-old soldier boy, over in Korea, whom we've never met, with no permission. Don't care if 'they went to elementary school together', I'm pretty sure we said we'd get back to her. . Was she seriously kidding me?! I'm walking around in my jammies, and some infantry gets the up front, close and personal floor show?! Did I mention that she's underage. . ? How 'bout that for a newsflash that'll make you choke on your orange juice! Cough, choke, splutter. . . I don't think so.

While I was at the dentist's office last Wednesday, the little kids ate an entire cauldron of Halloween candy when Laena was babysitting. And it's not that I'm not grateful for her efforts. . I mean, I was very relieved that they were all alive, considering that Charlie had decided to stay at the office a bit later and study. . But it would have been nice, if, at the ripe old experienced age of 17, our girlypoo could maybe remember to curtail the collective sugar intake, (which WAS significant), during my rather brief absence. . . Sigh.

And I'd heard tale that Charlie had mentioned to Eric that it might be a good idea to take the tent down, since it'd been up for a week, and we had no real plans to snooze any more there in the back yard. Naturally, he forgot. Or didn't hear or whatever, and it RAINED for a couple of days. So of course we had to leave the tent up for almost another week so that it could dry out, air out, and wouldn't be moldy for next time. I know it's probably no shock to many of you, but this isn't the first time that this has happened. And that's okay! Just par for the course, right! You got it! : )

Some of you may have seen my little comment on Facebook about Tommy thawing out a bunch of cubed frozen elk . . with a blow dryer. Ha ha ha! It really wasn't too surprising. . . He's so much fun! So . . . creative! Just a barrel o' laughs. : ) He's taken to cooking a lot with . . meat. . . We love having Tommy around! Recently he's decided to build himself an Iron Man suit. I'm not sure, but I think he may want to fly. . . Because, as everyone knows, he has proclaimed himself a GENIUS! And everybody wants to fly. . . DUh-uh!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Teenagers---I am scared! Funny stories!