Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday Surprises!

Saturday, my little familia was having fun, trying to figure out cute things to do for my birthday. I used to downplay the whole thing, but the last couple of years, I've decided to just enjoy it. Aleia and company drew "Happy Birthday" up, down, and sideways, on our front porch, and walk. : ) Eric and Tommy, with great pomp and secrecy, melted some chocolate on the stove and made me a candy wreath in the bundt pan. I caught glimpses of a hundred or so Hershey's miniature candy bar wrappers, naturally with almonds, in the kitchen trash.

Saturday morning, at a neighborhood breakfast, we were surprised by our good friends Emory and Caralee, when they invited us to the BYU Football Game down at Cougar Stadium in Provo. Didn't have ask me twice. . Wahoo! I'm the biggest BYU fan there is! We had a blast! Especially since it was a freaking SHUT OUT against UCLA. : ) 59 - ZIP! Ha ha ha! Yeah, Baby!

Then yesterday Charlie presented me with a beautiful card, (I love cards), some flowers, and an unbelievably decadent triple chocolate cake from Costco. Sigh. I'll never get skinny at this rate. I wonder if I'll ever be in shape again. . . Ha ha ha! At this point, I don't care. . . Hmmmm! I'm too happy and too in love with lasagna to worry about it.

(Also, it's soooo adorable when Charlie tries to write my name fancy on the envelope. . .)  : )

We had a very nice weekend. I do love September, the magical birthday month! : ) 'Most all the girls in my family were born in September. . . cakeI love fall! Here it comes. . . my favorite time of year - Countdown to Christmas!  : ) Everything about Autumn is fun! Halloween, with cute little costumes, candy, pictures. . Thanksgiving, when the whole family gets together, and then the best of them all, Christmas, with all it's winter magic and holiday sparkle! Yep, life is good!  ; )

And with Charlie, it only gets better!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Do we have the same birthday? The 13th? Or are you the 14th or 15th? Sounds like your family provided you with a very Happy Birthday!

Amy Mason said...

Yepola! : )

Amy Mason said...

Oh! Sorry Laura. . It's the 14th. Day after yours. : )