Monday, December 8, 2008

Jingle Bell Rock!

I can't believe they forgot Charlie's birthday cake AGAIN. This is the 3rd year in a row. It always happens. . . I guess that's what he gets for being born at midnight, just a couple of days after Thanksgiving. . and just a couple of days before Christmas shopping gets going in earnest. He's sort of caught in the middle - stuck between the aftermath of Turkey Day, and the official beginning of the Christmas Season. Just when people are thinking of everything else. Everything . . but his birthday. Laaaame. : )

Coca-Cola has a tradition, really a very nice tradition, there in the office, where they take turns picking up everyone's favorite cake for their respective birthdays. They also go out to lunch, usually to La Frontera for Mexican food. I think they call it 'Birthday Burrito'. It's a great idea! Don't get me wrong. I love it just as much as the next . . gal. I just wish they'd somehow remember . . to remember . . Charlie's.

Sigh.

Anyway! Charlie's 39th birthday was this Sunday past . . last. We had a great time Saturday night. Christmas lights, dinner and a movie. It was a lot of fun. : ) Unfortunately, I had to do Sharing Time in Primary the next morning, plus I was sick, so we didn't get to do much on his actual birthday. . .

Janet Wayman did bring over some of her famous cookies. . chocolate chip big ones! Just in time for my diet to start! : ) Then, I believe it was on Tuesday, our neighbor Hyrum brought several cases of canned goods over to the house, for the Utah Food Bank, and Eric's Eagle project. . . It was really very nice of him. We have great neighbors!  : )

Troy Bullard even took Jeffy and Evan out to lunch at Denny's on Friday! Jeffy was sooo excited! And so cute! Who'd have ever thought that a corn dog and chicken stars could put somebody in such a good mood. : )

No comments: