Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things About Me!

Okay! Here we go!

1. I am technologically impaired/challenged, and really have no idea how to set this up. . . : ) (This being just about anything having to do with the computer, although I am learning. . .)
2. My childhood dream was to someday be an Olympic figure skater!
3. I'm from 3 different places: Northern Utah, Northeast Missouri, and Central Virginia, Charlottesville.
4. I met my husband almost 20 years ago, while job hunting AT THE MALL! : )
5. I'm a big fan of holidays, primarily Christmas. . and old movies, mostly from the 40's and 50's. . .
6. My Italian Grandmother's sister. . . was blond. : ) Go figure.
7. Blupebbles has been my call sign/user name for about 10 years now. . . reference to a random Flintstone nickname from way back when. . .
8. My favorite color is acid wash blue. Electric turquoise, Cancun aquamarine. . .
9. My husband and I originally thought/felt that we could probably handle . . maybe 4 kids. . . Turns out we were right. : )
10. I will forever remain a die-hard conservative who finds politics mildly amusing, or moderately stimulating, depending on the day. .
11. I do love being a mother, although I have no idea what to do with these kids once they hit that tweeny-bopper stage. . .
12. My family lives about 5 or 10 minutes from the busiest LDS temple in the entire free world! Jordan River.
13. I'm happiest when snuggling a warm little baby. : ) I love my babies! I continue to be fascinated by genetics, and the miracle of childbirth.
14. I'm the oldest of 8 children, 6 brothers and one little sis! And I can't have 8 kids, because my mother had 8 kids, and her mother had 8 kids. . . Wouldn't wanna be redundant! ; ) Oh, and I hate the phrase 'stay at home mom'. I ASK you, where ELSE would a mother stay?!
15. I have recently taken up writing, and although it hasn't proven to be terribly lucrative, I plan to pursue it more aggressively in the future. : )
16. I'm a big fan of Snoopy! And if we're gonna watch Peanuts, and order out, it's going to be pizza, or Mexican! Ole!
17. I think it would be great to pick up his and her's sports cars. . . Maybe a Navy blue Cougar, with bronze-ish interior, and BYU on the license plate. . .
18. I'm a quarter Italian, about a third German, and the rest is a fun mixture of Northern European. English, Scottish, and Dutch, to name a few. I've always wanted to tour Europa, maybe do that backpacking thing. . . Someday.
19. I'm way hip into photography. Ask anybody, I loooooove to take pictures! I'm the obnoxious one at parties, who's always snapping your picture just when you're getting ready to take a bite of something.
20. I am a cowgirl at heart, and someday hope to have a cabin up at Christmas Meadows. . .
21 . I like my syrup COLD, thank you very much. Like it was just harvested from a tapped, frosted maple tree somewhere up in New England.
22. I freak out when people touch my feet. Probably the ticklish thing.
23. I am a passionate person, who tends to speak out, sometimes when I probably shouldn't.
24. Love kitties!
25. Recently went back to school, where I will be majoring in Visual Art and Design. Oddly, I'm doing better in the Political Science class. And I'm not entirely sure that this whole school thing was a good idea. . . because there simply is not enough time in the day!

And there you have it! 25 Things About Me! Courtesy of the evil Facebook.

3 comments:

marcie said...

Yes, that facebook. It gets us, doesn't it- This was fun learning more about you!

Ben said...

I guess you'll have to study instead of writing blogs and surfing facebook. ;)

Charlie said...

Ben is so wise! I couldn't have said that any better. Thanks Ben!
:)