Monday, August 11, 2008

Mama-Girls Need Naps Too!

Well, what to do. . . ? Do we get in shape for reunions etc next year, or should we have another baby? Hmmmmmm. . . .

Sigh. I don't know. I tell ya what, I'm freaking exhausted. What ever were we thinking, having SEVEN KIDS?!?! I am emotionally drained, right down to the last drop of whatever is left in me. I am in desperate need of a nanny, a long bath, and some sort of massage. . . Yawn. Know anybody?

Wow, so much has happened the past couple of weeks, I just don't know where to start! Stretch. Yawn. Well, here goes. . .

Last week we spent 3 days up at Mark's and Sarah's cabin, which was oh so fantastic, oh so much fun, up there in Christmas Meadows, that I cannot even begin to describe it! : ) Pause. Well, okay, that's not true. . . It would just take too long and too much energy. Let's just say that it was all about nostalgia and subtle Christmas decoration -translation NIRVANA, in my world. They even had a functioning '7 Brides for & Bros' old fashioned coal stove! Choke, sob. . Yike! Thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. The only frustrating thing was having no place to safely stow our 21-month-old baby. . Had to tote him around everywhere, half the time kicking and struggling. . . don't even ask about the high pitched screaming. . .

Meanwhile, my ever-lovin' man Charlie was down in Vegas, getting picked up on by call girls on the strip. Seriously! I was shocked myself. Of course he bears no resemblance to a sailor on leave. . . ; ) Ha ha ha. He was just minding his own business, shopping for the kids, and 3 different girls struck up . . conversations. Seriously? Come on, what ever is this world coming to? Can't a man go on a business trip to try and beef up his computer skills, his language arsenal, if you will, without being pestered?! It's just appalling. Naturally, this trip was scheduled exactly on the same days as our little family reunion in the mountains. . . Sure. : )

Well anyway, we're back. . Back at the ranch. Holdin' down the fort. . . Today I had to deal with way to much attitude from our eldest son. . . I tell ya, some days. . if Grandma was offerin', and she came up with the right price, I'd be fer takin' it! Ship that kid off to Idaho for some good old fashioned farm drudgery. : ) That's right baby! Early morning CHORES! Uh-HUH! That's what I'm talkin' about!  ; )

And Laena. . is out on a date with that cutsie California boy Anthony again. . ! I can't believe it. How does this happen?! One minute she's out front, riding her little pink tricycle up and down the sidewalk, and the next, you're wondering how you ever lost control and let her take your car to go pick up this young hottie from down south. I must've lost my mind. . . Sigh. . .

Twin #2 Eric is cruising along, working weekends at the local movie theatre. . . He's moved up from sweeping up popcorn. . to taking tickets! : ) Honestly, I think he would prefer the sweeping. . . He doesn't like to stand still for very long. . . He dragged Tommy to the library earlier, and now the 3 boys, (ah, my 3 sons), (silly grin) are jogging over to Target, to look at -you guessed it!- toys and video games. Will it never end, you ask? Will they ever get over this ridiculous obsession with gaming, the time-wasting plague of this generation? I doubt it, considering that Charlie's still as into it as the rest of them. . . Thankfully, he just doesn't have time!  : ) Poor man. . .

Interesting bit of trivia: Tommy wants to invent a flying car. . . . Why not? : )

Saturday we went to the Hogle Zoo, Eric, Aleia, and I. Later, Charles took Jeffy to a Bees (Bees?!) (Boy, I'm shakin'. .)Baseball game downtown. Sigh. Next week it's Lagoon. . Good Night! Shoot me now!

On a different note, Lea and Jeffy will be signed up for school tomorrow. . . (Hee hee hee hee hee!) Kindergarten and 3rd grade. Where does the time go? I give up. Who can track it. . ? The Binky is almost 22 months old, and it seems like he was just born. . . Now I understand our parents' generation a little better. Deep sigh. I'd never wanted to. . . Time does things to a person. . . And so does the never ending pile of paperwork that has to be filled out before registration. . . Ugh!

Switching gears, 3 weeks ago Laena spoke in church, and Clint blessed the Sacrament for the first time. I suppose that counts for something. . . Quite a lot, actually! It appears that there is hope after all!  : ) Also, our eldest child has decided to study genetics, which I find fascinating! DNA research, etc. Where did that come from, you ask? No idea. She's always been good at science. . . ? Hmm. Whatever! We'll take what we can get! Many of you will be surprised to learn that at one time, Charlie had aspirations to attend . . Harvard! (Snicker, snicker, chuckle, snort.) Just kidding Honey! : ) With the proper motivation and training, he'd have done just fine! I defy any of you to handle an eighteen wheeler while flying down Parley's Canyon. . . or to back one up into an alley with 6 inches to spare on either side! Pshaw. Good LUCK!  : ) My man's smart AND slick!  Wink

Sigh. Stretch. . . Well, I think it's about time for a nap. . I'm gonna try to curl up on the couch and snuggle my little blonde Binky Baby. Thank Heaven for baby curls! : ) Thank Heaven for PBS! With any luck, maybe he'll go to sleeeeep. . . Give Mama a break. . . ZZzzzzzzz. . . . . 

No comments: