Thursday, July 31, 2008

If I Were A Bettin' Man. . .

I'm facing a moral dilemma. I'm actually sort of emotional about all this. . . I was just listening to Glenn Beck, whom I admire and adore. . . and he was urging people everywhere to vote for someone . . that they believe in, the best man for the job, and not necessarily the lesser of two evils. . . I heartily agree. Except for one thing.

The problem is, we have (and I shake my head in disbelief) two crappy candidates. A semi-stupid old man, and the Prince of Darkness. (i.e. our friend, Barry)

Say what?!

How did this happen? How did we end up with these candidates?!  I really couldn't say. . .

Now, the thing is, if we DON'T vote for McCain, and try to hear me on this. . . . Obama . . will win. Is this not obvious?! (I mean, is it really possible for anyone else at this point?) It's just demographics, pure and simple. The Prince of Darkness, backed by Satan himself, will be President of these United States. (Long, dramatic, and sincerely concerned pause.) Can we afford to allow such a thing to happen? I'm thinking . . no.

The alternative then, to voting for someone who is preaching 'socialized education', (Is anyone else alarmed by this?!?), and will indoctrinate our children with who knows what. . . is obviously . . to vote for the other guy. Any thinking, common sense, rational adult type should be able to see this. . . Talk to a political statistician, (is there such a person?) for heaven's sake. Ask him. . . If we vote for some really cool Independent, or what have you, in the long run. . What will we have accomplished? Sure, Glenn, we will have voted for someone that we believe in, that shares all of our same values. . . but does he have a shot at the Presidency? And if not, what good will that do? IMO, it's almost a wasted vote. Because Satan still wins.

And, my friends, McCain, with some heavy back up, (i.e. people like the economically savvy Mitt Romney), would probably do okay.

We need to weigh carefully, what are our choices here? And what do they implicate . . ? Long term. Over time. How much damage could the man do, do ya think, in 4 years. . . ? I'm not sure our country could handle Barack HUSSEIN OBAMA (Obama, Osama. . . whaaa?!) as Commander In Chief, with all the responsibilities, with all the POWER, that that title/station/for the love of Pete, calling . . brings.

We have a choice.

Do what you must. . . But please, think . . about the BIG PICTURE.

I, for one. . . am concerned.

And p.s. Christian Values, freedom and the like, are the traditions that the people who founded this country . . who laid down their lives, who lost their family members, who knelt and prayed to God in the snow. . . would have wanted it to be centered around. And that's NOT just my personal opinion.

4 comments:

Laura said...

We are anxiously awaiting your next blog entry-----hope all is well with you right now-----Laura

Laura said...

I saw your facebook, that is really obnoxcious that college girls are hitting on your man. May they burn.

Amy Mason said...

Ha ha ha! Absolutely!

Amy Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.