Friday, March 14, 2008

St. Patty's Day Dinner

Well, here we go. Tonight we're going to my husband's first big charity dinner for work. Some sort of fund raiser for St. Patrick's day. I'm a bit nervous. I've never been to one of these events before, and although my dad is a professor, and would often take us to dress up type gatherings, it has been so long that I can't possibly imagine what I should wear. . . especially when they put 'casual' dress on the invite. What does casual dress mean anyway, with relation to a semi-fancy-shmancy benefit dinner?! Is it business casual? Khakis and high end blouses? Is it make up and skirts? I can't see myself showing up in jeans. . . even if the atmosphere is sort of toned down, and they are brand new. . . Hmm. What to do. . . plus I'm leaving the baby with someone besides a family member for the first time ever! And she's a great girl, but she lives on a busy street. What am I to do?! Sniffle sob. Where's that blinking Prozac? : ) Just kidding. Sigh. I always get nervous when we leave the kids. I suppose there's a point at which this gets easier, say when they're 15 and you can't stand them anyway. . . Hee hee chuckle. . Well, we'll see how it goes. Should be great fun driving downtown in rush hour traffic. . . A small joke. Most everyone will be going the other way. Anyway, here we go. We'll let you know how it turns out. I have one small request: All you mommies out there, please shlep down a diet Coke and say a prayer for me. : ) Many thanks.

2 comments:

Ben said...

So how did the dinner go? (unless you answer this in a later blog I haven't seen.)

Ben said...

nevermind, I just saw your next one. :)