Monday, March 31, 2008

She's Goin' Back to Cali. . .

My Laenabug is back, and there's gonna be trouble. . Sing it! If I knew how to add little music notes here. . . there they would be. : )

Anyway, our girlie is back from her trip to Cali. I picked her up at about 1:30, just after lunch. On the way home, we exchanged the usual small talk. How did it go? Did you have fun? Is your phone finally working. . . ? Yadda yadda yadda. At one point there was a momentary lull, during which she casually mentioned:

"Oh. I should probably tell you . . that I might be in some guy's . . music video, dancing the Salsa."

Slight pause. Highly amused/slightly shocked laughter.

"What do you mean by that?!"

"Oh, well, DeHaan was getting his portrait drawn at Universal Studios, caricature, you know, and I was bored, so I asked such-and-such a boy if he wanted to swing dance with me, so we went over a little ways to a place where there was more room, cause everyone was crowded around Mr. DeHaan and the artist. . . And I showed him how to dance the Salsa. Then these 2 guys came up and one of them asked if I'd like a brief Salsa lesson. He had an accent. I think it was Spanish. So we danced the Salsa, and his friend apparently taped it, because they said it might not work . . because we were in the shade. A bunch of the kids came over and watched, and (big smile) some of the girls were jealous, because apparently the dancer guy was pretty cute!"

"Apparently?"

She looked up, with a tentative grin.

"You didn't notice. Hmm."

"Well. . ."

'She's goin' back to Cali, Cali, Cali. She's goin' back to Cali. Man, I don't think so.'

OH, yeah.

Not without Mama. : ) We should have a good time.

No comments: