Monday, May 19, 2008

'West Coast Choppers . . Bedspread'?!

Well, Jaguar the cat has taken over our bedspread. We folded it up and let him sleep on it for a few days, and now he's kind of . . claimed it. We've had it for several years, so I'm thinkin' it's time to pick up a new one. . . Last time, Charlie got to pick the design, and as fond as I am of blue-gray paisley, I think it's time for a change.  Maybe a down comforter, maybe something . . dusty turquoise, or royal blue, or electric aquamarine. . . colors like you see on postcards from tropical Mexican beach-side resorts. . . Hmmmm. Sigh.

Charlie suggested Iron Man sheets. . . I did not agree.

"Do you think they make 'West Coast Choppers' bedspreads?" he queried, grinning.

Sadly enough, I believe they do. But blankets and quilts are my passion, and I will NOT be sleeping beneath a 6 foot image of somebody's black motorcycle for the next 5 years, thank you very much. I will humor him no longer! As everyone knows, the choice of linen in Mama's home. . . should be Mama's alone. For the most part, anyway. .  'Tis my domain, Baby!

I think many would agree. . .

: )

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have to agree. I also just love quilts and blankets!