Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Brazilian Grill and Sundance Memories

A couple of weeks ago, Charlie and I got to go out to dinner, courtesy of Coca-Cola! His office crew likes to have a New Year's office get-together, rather than try to squeeze it in during the holidays. And I am totally okay with this. As everyone knows, the holidays are CRAZY. Anyway, this particular time, they'd picked the Rodizio Grill downtown at Trolley Square. Faaaantastic! Wow, wow, wow. We had a lot of fun! I kid you not. Here was my Facebook comment that evening:

"Amy has died and gone to Heaven! Rodizio Grill rocks! Amy would like to LIVE at Rodizio Grill. Torta de Limao!"

Indeed! : ) Key lime, Baby! Yum, yum, yum!

My brother has talked about his visits to Brazil, how they're always cooking up yummy meat kabobs. A favorite meal, evidently. . or rather expected fare in times of celebration. . saaay, when you have guests! : ) He wasn't kidding. (Next time he heads down there, I'm going with!)

And, believe it or not, we ended up sitting next to the U of U football team!

You know, the team that just kicked some serious tush at the Sugar Bowl. . . Yep! There they were, just a table away, having dinner with their families! One of the guys has some cute little twins. Guess we picked a pretty good restaurant! : ) Though I'm not too sure that I'm real fond of the quail's eggs. . .

Amazing though, aint' it! We had dinner with Coca-Cola, good friends, AND the University of Utah football team. : ) It don't get much better than THAT!

A bit later, after walking around a bit at the mall, which BTW, is amazing, (all red brick interior. . . and a pop can sculpture to beat all pop-can sculptures, hanging from the ceiling. . .) we did a rare thing, and decided, spontaneously, to head up to Park City! The last night of the Sundance Film Festival.

I have 2 words for you. SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL! Okay, 3. : )

It was so cool! We walked around for a while, checked out the sights, mostly on historic Main Street. Wowwwww! Incomparable ambiance. Quaint little restaurants, art galleries every 10 feet. . . It's soooo beautiful! And with the snow, quite lit up, even at night. Magical would be a better word. Many of the trees are still intricately decorated with Christmas lights. . . I wouldn't be surprised if they leave them up all season long. Who knows! heart All I know is, ya sure don't need sleep when you're up there!  : ) Best date we've been on in a while. I think when we retire, someday in the future when we're old and gray, maybe we'll get a little cabin up somewhere close to Deer Valley. . . Sigh.

There are no words. : )

Well, anyway, I'm too tired to think of them.

Wish to heck I'd thought to grab the camera. . .

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great time!!!