Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Discussion Quote

This brilliant kid in my Political Science class summed it up nicely. I couldn't agree more.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29231797/

"Billionaire Wilbur L. Ross Jr., who has rescued numerous failed companies in the steel and other industries, said Monday that GM can’t be cost competitive with Japanese automakers with such a heavy debt burden."
So, why don't we move the industry towards a new direction? Why don't we stop the bleeding now.. and let the market run its course? I think we'd all be in a much better position. If there's anything that this generation learns from a rough recession, I hope we learn how to set ourselves apart as being more financially responsible than those who went before us. I think what I've learned in this course, is just how political this corporate stimulating handout package has become. We need to study the past, and take the necessary steps in getting us back on the right track. I find it fairly humorous to try to count all the anonymous economic experts that are giving the associated press all this inside information, and we eat every last crumb of it.
I can't help but wonder what Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Mason might've thought about the nation in its current condition. I doubt it would be very fond."

What they must think of us.

No comments: