Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day, Bay-bay!





Well, it's that time of year! Or was, last week. I always enjoy Valentine's Day. . . with it's sugar cookies, hot pink balloons. . . it's romance. . . : )

This year Charlie and I went out to eat at a fun, quirky restaurant called Buca di Beppo's. Faaaaan-spankin'-tastic stuffed mushroom appetizers! I don't know what they put in them, but sa-weet Mama, they were good! Laena and Diego made it over to the Sweetheart Dance the week before. . . Laena's so cute. She decided to make her own dress! : ) Again, hot pink. Just like last year's Prom. Red heart

Such a festive holiday! I always like to make Valentine cookies, and decorate them with all kinds of candy and sprinkles. So much fun! : ) When I was a kid, my Mother would bake these huge, cake pan-sized, personalized sugar cookies on V Day, and then leave them on the front porch, ring the door bell, and run. She liked to say that the Valentine Fairy must have left them there. : ) It's a cute little tradition that we like to perpetuate. Charlie took it to a new level a few years ago, when he decided to leave us all little presents, with our names on 'em, scattered around the living room on V-Day morning. LOVE it! That year he picked up a print of the truest representative of love, The Savior, tenderly instructing a small child. It hangs over our comfiest couch to this day, as the principle decoration in our home, the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. : )

greg olsen

So, anyway, we had a great old time this year. Dances, parties, cookies. . the Valentine Fairy showed up, and today, at the grocery store, I found unbelievable deals on pre-cut, heart-shaped cookies with frosting and sprinkles, which I bought way too many of, brought home and we all decorated! Red heart Again, LOVE it! : )

3 comments:

marcie said...

Laena made that dress?!? Wow, she's good! I love Valentines Day! So, when are you going to bring us some of those frosted heart shaped cookies with lots of sprinkles on top? My mouth's watering just thinking about it, and since my oven is broken and I can't bake any myself, I'm counting on you :) J/K Hope you have a great day!

Amy Mason said...

Thanks, Marcie! We'll have to bring ya some over! : )

marcie said...

Yes... right now! I'm waiting for the doorbell to ring... any second now... mmmmmmm! You crack me up!