Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Track Meet

Eric has another Track meet today. . . He told us about it last night, but then mentioned to Laena this morning that he hoped we'd forget. : ) Probably embarrassed him taking all those pictures last week.

Eric's such a good kid! He goes to Track practice every single day, essentially without complaint, and then walks home by himself, about a mile and a half walk, every afternoon at five. What a guy!

This will be Eric's 3rd Track meet of the season. He's in fantastic physical shape, always partial to rabbit food, exercise, and fresh air, I suppose it would be almost impossible for Eric to do or to be anything else! : ) But I do hope to fatten him up a little, this Easter Sunday. . .

If we could just get him to eat a couple of rolls, with butter. . .

Eric's been in Track since 7th grade, so I guess this would be his 5th year now, and he's steadily improving. . . I hope he enjoys it as much as his Dad did. Charlie went to State his senior year in HS, and in my estimation, easily could have made the BYU football team at the time. The boy was fast!

And, I might add, still is. . .

He and Eric may 'meet' at the track, so to speak. . . cross paths, if you will. Like Father, like son! : ) Anyway they have that in common, and I think it's great!

2 comments:

marcie said...

I saw him walking home today. That's funny that he didn't want his picture taking mother to show up for more pictures. LOL

Ben said...

Not a common problem, having kids who only want to eat vegetables. Just be thanksful :)