Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools! It's Your High School Reunion!

All right here's the deal, Y'all. . . There is mischief afoot!

Being as today is April Fool's Day, my mischievous husband decided to mix things up at work a little bit. Yesterday he sent a memo to everyone in the office. Everybody but the boss, Mr. Edwards. He asked everybody to wear khaki pants and a blue shirt to work today. Then he recruited me to call up said boss's wife, to ask her if she might be able to get him to wear same said attire. I wasn't sure she was that interested, but it turns out she laid out his clothes for him this morning. When they assembled for 'team meeting' this morning, he got that sort of glazed, dubious look on his face. He paused a moment, and then commented that "Hey, this wasn't a coincidence! This was planned!" He was correct, as usual. Hee hee hee. What a cute joke for April Fools! Ha ha ha. : ) Anyway, it went over great. Charlie the jokester has pulled it off again.

Also yesterday, my main man Charlie got an email from his high school girlfriend. "The 20 year reunion is all set up." she said. "We'd love to see you there!" Well, that's just great, except that's Charlie's gonna be down at Powell with the boys that same weekend! He was mildly excited for about 2 minutes, until he noticed the dates. I'm so disgusted, I could spit. I've actually been sort of looking forward to this for a couple of years now. He doesn't really care either way, but he'd already committed, about 5 months ago, to go camping/boating/fishing at Lake Powell, down by St. George, with some guys from the neighborhood and their boys. It's sort of a father and son . . thing. No getting out of it now, even if he wanted to. Chuckle, chuckle. Last night, when he broke the news, he was prepared with his usual reassuring manner:

"It's okay, Honey. It's not like it's a once in a lifetime event. . . It's not like they're only putting this together one time!" Naturally he had to display his usual highly amused grin.

Disgusted pause. Of course not. No sarcasm there! This stinks, stinks, stinks.

"Hey, I know! Your could go anyway! Take a hot date. . . maybe someone you met at the gym. . . Or I've got it! We could hire a paid actor to go along and pretend he's me! Of course we'll have to get someone good looking. . . You could say I've had some plastic surgery. . . "

I won't tell you the rest. It's just too annoying. Yep, dryyyy as the desert. Maybe I'll take my gal pal Jenny. Sigh.

And this, my friends, is truly. . . the story of my life. : )

No comments: