Thursday, October 23, 2008

Autumn Festivities

Looking out the window here, I'm counting . . eleven kids . . in our yard, and not one of them is mine. . .  : ) Since the leaves fell off our maple tree out front, Lea and Jeffy have recruited the whole neighborhood, it appears, to jump in an enormous pile of brilliant yellow ruffage. . Then they disappeared. I found them in the kitchen, attempting to smuggle granola out to the crowd. Granola, you ask? I don't understand it either. Apparently, they feel that it's an appropriate snack, considering the season. . Chuckle. The energy those children stir up! A full blown leaf fight is going on out there in our yard, and the funny thing is, 'most everybody's laughing! : ) Ya can't buy moments like these!

Meanwhile, Tommy is attempting to make a 'meat smoothie' back in the kitchen. I reiterate: "Elk. It's what's for dinner." Except that's not the only thing. . That boy wants to combine taco meat, bologna, bacon, etc in the blender, add some spice, (as if it didn't have enough flavor already), and drink it down. Yuck. I'm not really sure that 13 year old boys should be encouraged to be quite so creative. . should be let loose around electrical appliances. . .

On a different note, Laena came home sporting a new hair style yesterday afternoon! I thought she was going for a 'trim', but she came back with a 16 inch ponytail, NOT attached to her head. She had cut off all of her hair! Her beautiful, flowing, golden brown locks! Gone. Aaaahhh! Well, actually the gal across the street helped her out some. . Sigh. My neighbor, Mrs. Utah - 1st runner up, is not only a six foot tall Venus, she also does hair.  : ) And a pretty savvy cosmetologist she is too! Our Laenabug looks very cute and bouncy, and is in a mood to match. I guess she was ready for something new, a new idea, a new look. She's been batting it around for a couple of months now. . I guess it was time!  : )

Looking ahead, I'm currently gearing up for the big wedding this weekend! And Eric's Eagle Scout project kick-off, and the Daddy/Daughter activity, and the big Halloween party. . . (snap). Woosh! (Reelin' it back in. . ) Wait, I forgot the ACT Saturday morning, and the big Anime get-together downtown tomorrow night. . . Hmmmm. I'm loving all this excitement, but some days, I think of how nice it would be to just curl up in front of a fireplace, on a nice comfy couch, and go to sleep. Or maybe watch an old movie. . . Hmmm. : ) One of these years, we'll have to invest in a fireplace. . . Sigh.

Our Binky, I've just noticed, who recently turned 2, and who is appropriately going through that traditional 2-yr-old naked phase, has once again discarded his clothing/diaper, and has, while my back has been turned, succeeded in single-handedly destroying our living room. Crayons and popcorn are strewn everywhere. Shoes, books, and toys 'decorate' and add personality to our otherwise boring . . floor space. I have to hand it to him. . The boy has talent. : ) It's always an adventure!  : ) Personally, I'd prefer a little . . order. As Super Grover says on Sesame Street, "The Feng Shui, has fang shwent. . ." That's right Baby! Chaos reigns supreme!

I love Fall. Gimmee some hot chocolate, a fleece blanket, and a big Charlie to snuggle. . . bunch 'o kidlets running around. . . It's Heaven Baby!  : ) Right here at the homestead.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the idea of playing in the leaves. We don't have enough "grown" trees around here to do that yet. Too bad. I love your positive attitude in dealing with the kids antics. You are such a positive person. The idea of the meat drink---truly scary for Halloween. I would love to see Laena's haircut. She had such beautiful hair, but she is such a beautiful girl, I am sure her cut looks fabulous.

marcie said...

Ah Amy, I can visualize it all now. The leaves, the elk, the "I can't keep clothes on him" 2 year old, the hip & beautiful neighbor mom who lives in my old house (Wish I would been that beautiful while living there lol), and the daughter with her new beginning. What a great life!

Amy Mason said...

Thanks Laura! And Marcie, you've always been beautiful! : ) You guys rock!