Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Heaven : )

I think my idea of Heaven is this: Sitting on my plaid comfy couch in my nice warm house, working on some sort of school-related paper work, with my one year old baby boy playing contentedly on the floor nearby, Rachael Ray talking to me from the corner, brightening up the room. . . I love her. She's my favorite gal ever! : ) Anyway, of course this reverie won't last longer than 5 minutes, because, as we all know, babies have the attention span of a fly . . . and they tend to poop when you're leaving the house. . things like that. . . But for right now, I am doing okay. I'm on cloud nine, contented as a kitten snoozing in a patch of indoor sun. So what's the big deal, you ask. You're just sitting there. Nothing exciting is happening. Just another day, right? Well, yes and no. . Okay, I'll tell you. . the catalyst is this: It's quiet. The kids are all at school, and for one brief shining moment I have peace. Peace and quiet. It's so beautiful. (Deep sigh of contentment) Every mother's dream. : )

I also like waking up in the morning and discovering that my big, snuggly husband is still in bed, laying there asleep with his heavy, muscular arm around my shoulders. He does have an occasional day off from work. Or sometimes he just decides to sleep in. The point is, he's there. At the risk of getting too personal, it's especially nice if I happen to be snuggling our warm, chubby little baby, and my hubby's hugging my back. It makes you feel safe. I can't think of anything better. This is the stuff of life. This is what it's all about, my friends. I doesn't get any better than this.

Heaven. : )

No comments: