Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

I love this time of year! Such yummy treats! The peppermint stick ice cream, the candy cane cocoa, the chocolate mint truffles. . . Sigh. . . Yes, I have a sweet tooth. . and a dedicated affection for the mint leaf.

Anyway. . .

My husband joked the other day, while patting his hint of a spare tire in a satisfied way,

"Sometimes you're eating, and you're making yourself sick. . . But you've gotta muscle through, and just keep eating. . . if you wanna look like me! : )

And so the Holiday snarfing begins!

We going to my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving this year. She and her husband have a cute little ranchette up in Southern Idaho. They keep miniature horses there, and the kids love 'em. The only thing I'm concerned about was how to survive the trip up, and the trip back. Well, and how to keep the big kids entertained . . . 4 wheelers help.

Bing! Two words, everybody. Portable - DVD. Well, okay, and Cable - TV. It'll save our collective skins. I don't know if you've ever been in a vehicle for prolonged periods of time with multiple small, (and not so small), children. . . but I'm here to tell ya, it ain't no picnic. This year I'm thankful for the wonder of laptop computers . . .

No comments: