Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hard Rock or Jazz . . ? and Glenn Beck for President!

It's an age old dilemma. What do you listen to in the morning? Hard Rock or . . Jazz. I think the answer should be obvious. Pretty much a no-brainer. . . When else do you get relative peace and quiet? When you're wrestling a bunch of little kids into bed?! Shyaaaaa.

Charlie and I just got back from the Glenn Beck 'Unelectable' performance. All I can say is . . Beck '08! He's freakin' awesome! Great show. If he were actually running, he sure as shooting have MY vote Baby!  : ) 

On the way home, driving down the freeway, Charlie made an interesting observation.

"You know", he said, eyes twinkling. "I just spent 50 dollars. . on a movie."  He looked thoughtfully at the road, pretending to contemplate the ramifications of such a rash act.

"It was a simul-cast, Darlin'." I responded sweetly.

He grinned as we sped down the freeway, the setting summer sun turning his red hair to gold.

"I think you should . . .sweeten the pot." he said deliberately, glancing in my direction, still grinning.

He's a hard one to resist, that man, but I've had a lot of experience, and can hold my own.

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked innocently. "We are listening to . . hard rock. . . You know, I think I should blog about this. . . "

"Well. . it's true. A little Rob Zombie goes a long way. . ." He never backs down. "But I was hoping for a little . . action."

Oh brother.  

I rolled my eyes, and changed the station to silly pop rock, his favorite!  : )

Charlie sighed.

"I guess I have a couple more hours to work on my truck. . . "

"Well, there's your action!" I crooned cheerfully, making eyes at him. . .

He drove on, feigning disgust.

To quote Calvin and Hobbes. . 'It's shameless the way we flirt.'

But really. . . Hard Rock?!

No comments: