Saturday, July 5, 2008

Diet and Exercise

"Aw Honey. ." I said on the way back from a routine visit to Wal-mart with the kids. "I feel sorta tired."

He didn't comment about the fact that he had been up since 3 am, and had worked a semi-strenuous 12 hour day, delivering Coke up in Park City.

I rambled on.

"Maybe it was the cookies I had earlier. . . And the macaroni and cheese, and the ice cream. . ." I groaned in disgust.

He glanced at me from the driver's seat and grinned.

"You need a soda." he remarked with mock conviction.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. My husband always knows just what to say.

A little while later I asked him just exactly how I was supposed to get to church tomorrow, with the little kids . . . if he was planning to take my car up to Idaho to visit his mother. . .

"Take Laena's car." he said with a hint of annoyance. "Or take the Suburban. The key's in the glove box."

I shot him a look of mild incredulity.

"Nobody's gonna steal it." he reassured me. "They'd be afraid they'd have to fill it up with gas!" And he began to unload the groceries, chuckling to himself.

It's a fun-filled, sorta wild ride, life with Charlie. . .

1 comment:

Laura said...

SOOOO funny! With gas prices, even thieves would avoid the gas guzzler!!! I really enjoy reading your blog!