Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Switzerland

The other day I was doing my usual loop past the Sugar Factory Playhouse on my way back from the gym. . . I passed some missionaries on their bikes, with their white shirts and ties. . .  I rounded the bend, crossed the railroad tracks, passed the outdoor pool, the indoor pool. . . witnessed the terrific, panoramic view of the snow capped mountains to my right. . . There is purpose in those mountains. Purpose and majesty. I love watching them change with the seasons. But they always stay the same, too.

I really don't think the view is any better in Switzerland. I think they're still skiing up there. . . Or at least they were a week or so ago. Plus it's really nice here in Salt Lake, because we don't have any nosy relatives living close by, with their quirky antics and bizarre expectations. . . (you know who you are) Wink Just kidding!

Truly a joy, living in Salt Lake City!

No comments: