Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nay, Faith! Pirates. . .

The other day, I called Tommy upstairs, asked him if he was ready for school, ready to go. . . What came out of his mouth? Something I sure wasn't expecting to hear. . .

"Nay, faith!" he said, as he half walked, half stomped up the stairs.

I couldn't believe it. Guess he did actually pay attention during the 6th grade Shakespeare Play. . .

Who'd have thunk?  : )

Then, last night, I was playing taxi service to a truckload of kids of all ages. Laena made Anthony sit in the front seat for some reason. . We were talking about movies, blah blah blah. . . Jeffy said he'd like to watch a particular show on the computer.

CA boy in the front seat commented that he didn't think that one was 'out' yet. . I grinned and let him in on a little secret.

"Well, we sort of steal them from pirates."

The poor kid laughed out loud. I guess he thought I was kidding. . .

We had just pulled in to a parking spot in front of Game Crazy. The kids climbed out of the car. Just before the doors were closed, Jeffy yells out:

"Look! There's a pirate right next to our car!" He was excited.

Gyahh. . . Thankfully, the big kids ignored him, as they were almost safely to the store entrance. Because there was, in fact, a very large, rather well-built biker-guy, waiting to step up into his . . -also very large- Chevy pick-up, about a foot away from shotgun. Not that I have anything against pirates, but I suddenly felt the urge to slide my left hand up the driver's side door. . so as to click the lock button.

I know. Silliness, really. . And he did have a nice red bandanna tied around his head. . .

Festive!

But you never know with pirates these days. . . smile_wink And you can't be too careful.

No comments: