Sunday, November 23, 2008

Popcorn and Sesame Street!

Mmmm-hmmmm, Twilight! It was amazing, just like we expected! Sure, they tweaked the story a little bit, but hey. . . it's all good, ain't it?  : ) Yes, oh yes it was. Hee hee hee hee hee! Soooo much fun! Laena and company went right after school on Friday, and Charlie and I raced to the theatre right about four. . Literally raced, you need to understand, not because I love to drive my cop car fast, (Charlie was driving anyway), but because I had forgotten the blinking tickets! Left them on our headboard at home. . DANG it! Turns out the theatre wasn't as slam-packed as we'd thought, still being afternoon and all . . so we got pretty good seats anyway. Wow Mama, that show was good! We enjoyed it thoroughly. Probably me more than Charlie, but . . what are ya gonna do?  : ) Yowsa!

I had been running all day, actually, with early day at the school. . picking Jeffy up at 10:45, only to learn that today was the Birthday Table, and we had to stay for lunch. I thought I would never get Clover's cake done in time. . . Sigh. Then the baby wasn't feeling real great, and we had last minute shopping, and piano lessons. . . I barely got the birthday cake decorated in time. I was frantically poking M&M's into the blue and white frosting, when Charlie called and said "Be out front in 2 minutes!" Aah! I left the rest to Eric and Tommy, grabbed my coat and ran. . which scatterbrained rushing would obviously explain the forgotten tickets. . I guess. . .

Laena called later on, and handed the phone to Clover, who apparently loooooved her cake, and my Sesame Street approach to decorating. . . I had to chuckle and shake my head. We just threw it together. But now I'm getting requests!  : ) Who'da thunk.

Back to the movie. . . It was kinda funny. During the previews, I must admit, we talked too loudly and too much, busting out laughing at times, but my favorite part was the popcorn. I've always liked to eat it with my tongue, as weird as that may sound. . but it's great fun, after you've snatched your overpriced bucket of America's favorite move-time snack, to curl up in the flip down chair, and see how many kernals you can pick up with your tongue. That way, a person doesn't get their fingers all greasy!  : ) LOVE it! I tried to get Charlie to partake, just a little. . . (he's been on this no-carb kick for about a week now), even citing that . . "C'mon Charlie. . Popcorn isn't really carbs. . It's kinda like . . a vegetable!" Not very convincing, but he was nevertheless amused. . . Ha ha ha. We were getting a little out of hand, like a couple of kids.

"Hey. Aren't we supposed to be, like, mature, responsible adults. . ?" I queried tentatively.

"That's never stopped me!" he calmly remarked, with his usual sly grin. . .

HA ha ha ha ha!

Absolutely! : )

On a different, Thankgiving-ish type note, Aleia is putting on a little impromptu play, here in our living room. She's dressed Jefferson up as a turkey, by taping different colored socks to the back of his tee-shirt. . .

Lea is currently narrating. . .

"They ate so much food that they were enormously fat! It would take them a whole year to get skinny again. . ."

Jeffy was made to curl up in a ball on the couch, turkey-style.

"And that is the story of 'Gobble, Gobble', the Turkey! The. . End!" she yelled, reminding me of Imogene, and the classic play The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

No comments: