Thursday, February 7, 2008

Annie's Wedding



My little sister is getting married. AAAhhhhhh! It's like time doesn't even exist.

She's my only baby sister. It's just her and me, Amy and Ann Marie, and six brothers. She was born when I was 14, and we live 13 hundred miles apart, so I haven't been able to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. . .

Sigh.

But the good news is she's found a really nice guy. I've talked to him only once, but from all accounts and indications, he is a kind, generous, good hearted person who loves my little sister. : ) Plus they have a lot in common. You can't really beat that.

Warm smile.

Their story is one of those disgustingly romantic tales that no one really wants to hear, because they would be so flipping jealous, so suffice it to say that they went to school together, he transferred down to LA, narrowly missed being hit by hurricane Katrina, they were drawn back together, and then last summer he took her to France to visit some relatives where he proposed in some ridiculously romantic garden somewhere close to Paris. Like I said, disgusting. ; )

Anyway, Congratulations! To my baby sister and her fiance. Looks like we'll be flying back east again this year for Memorial Day weekend. . . : )

Best wishes and lavender dreams.

No comments: