Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hakuna Matata

Ya know, some days it gets to be a little bit too much. . . for instance, since we got back from our trip the kids have been on me like white on rice. I'd have to be a state-of-the-art-robot zombie to actually handle things, and get it all done. (packing, unpacking, the never-ending laundry, etc . . ) Fortunately, when things get too stressful, when it gets to be too much, my nervous system has developed a safety button/mechanism that I use regularly. It's quite simple really. When I feel like we're getting close to meltdown, I just. . .

shut it down.

There's really no other way. At least not for a high-strung individual like myself. If I didn't shut down, shut it off, whatever, I would inevitably short circuit, overload, implode, spontaneously combust. Period.

And there it is. So, if you happen to come over when the house is an undeniable wreck, and you notice me sitting on the couch, quietly munching licorice sticks, watching TV, and calmly ignoring you . . . if I seem to be oblivious to the obvious need for drastic action, hopefully now you will understand, (sigh) and be patient with my being in safety mode.

Thanks for your consideration. Have a great day. : )

No comments: