Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Phoenix

Well, we're back from our fantasmagorical trip to Arizona! This past weekend we drove down to see my brothers in Phoenix. We went through Vegas, saw Hoover Dam, lots of cacti, etc. My cousin and her hubby stayed at the Belagio a week or so ago. A romantic weekend getaway. Hmmm. I got to go to a truck show. : ) Yep, that's right Baby! Trucks. Wheeeee! We took our 16 month old baby with to help keep me grounded. (ha ha) He's my teddy bear. I couldn't leave him.

Anyway, we had a great time. We farmed out the kids to relatives and neighbors. It took a lot of planning, getting them all situated, but we did it, and we were on our way. It was a long drive, but a refreshingly quiet one. It was weird. There was no fighting. It took 11 1/2 hours to get down there. We were trying to make it in ten, but ended up having tire problems round about Cedar City. . . I will never understand why all the tire stores are closed on Saturdays, when everyone is out and about and may in fact need assistance. . . Wal-mart was pretty much our only option. I guess they're good for something. Small grin.

The truck show was fun. Beautiful day. . . I'm going to try to figure out this picture collage feature, and you will see that a picture is indeed worth a thousand words. I only wish that everyone could get audio to go along with it. : ) Take a real estate entrepreneur/investor and a medical student to a ghetto style truck show, and you're bound to find some amusement along the way. Thankfully nobody got beat up. : ) I'm just kidding. We had a great time. It was nice to spend some time with my little brothers. And the hubby man. Quality time con la familia. : ) Si, si, Senor.

I almost want to buy a second home down there in Glendale. It's beautiful this time of year. . . a balmy 70 degrees, sort of overcast, breezy and warm. It was like San Diego. Sort of. Minus the ocean. Three of my brothers have lived there (in Arizona) off and on for about 9 years now, so it almost seems like home. Good times. It was an especially relaxing trip because the baby has finally gotten over his raging double ear infections.Turns out he was allergic to penicillin. It was so nice to have relative quiet after 2 weeks of incessant, high pitched whining. Deep sigh. 2 words. Zithro-max. Finally, a moment of peace.

Phoenix. South Western Heaven. I especially loved the giant gecko lizard mural that was carved into the concrete barrier bordering the freeway. Uh-huh. : )

Next time, though, I think we'll definitely take a playpen. . . pack-n-play. . . whatever it's called. Then we could sit down. : ) Toddlers seem to have batteries . . that just don't need rechargin'.

No comments: