Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Avatar and Marshmallow Wars

Avatar is a cute show, I will admit, but I'm hearing about it a bit more than I'd prefer. . . Oh brother. Really. Just the other day, my biggest boy, who is an obsessive fan of superheros, cartoons, etc, decided that it might be fun to tackle his little brother and color the Avatar's blue arrow tattoo all over him, with washable marker of course. Naturally. Interesting that it didn't wash off like 'washable' marker. . . . I really should have taken a picture . . . The 3 big boys laughing it up, whilst their younger, much smaller sibling dangled in the air by his ankles, giggling hysterically. I suppose they did do a very good job of drawing blue arrows down the backs of his legs. . They thought it would also be fun to shave his head like the Avatar cartoon, but I 'drew the line' right there . . . Then a couple of days later, mysteriously, Jeffy's bangs were suddenly way shorter than before, requiring me to give him quite a significant hair cut. Hmm. I wonder who put the idea into his head, chopping off a large chunk of his hair . . . Who could have told him were the scissors were stashed, way out of his reach. . . Who's gonna get his hair buzzed this very afternoon after school . . . heh heh heh, hee hee hee. Permit me an enraged, evil chuckle. ; ) His baby hair was so cute! Those punks are gonna catch it. What do Mommies know. . . ? : )

They are a lot of fun though, these crazy kids of mine. . . Especially during marshmallow wars. But wait, I shall explain . . At some fairly recent Scout Camp, some very gutsy leader person lead the boys in constructing 'marshmallow shooters' out of PVC pipe. Pretty cute idea, if you like spit-covered marshmallow goo all over your house, yard, etc. They get a big kick out of using Mama (that would be me) as cover, too. It's really quite entertaining when one heavily armed (bag of mini marshmallows) 200 pound young man ducks quickly behind you, yelling "Dive, punk!" to his grinning, thoroughly amused twin brother, who's lovin' it, and who dutifully dives behind the couch so fast that you see nothing but a split second flash of green coat and red hair. Luckily, he escaped, jumping into the kitchen and taking a shot at his bigger brother on the way, with a loud thpwop, (wet marshmallow hitting vinyl jacket) and a louder guffaw. . Thereby motivating said laddie # one to take off after him out the side door, around to the front of the house, and on into the snow lit night. I haven't seen that boy run that fast in a long time. . . I guess when you have the proper motivation. . . : )

Sigh. Ah, the joy that is my life. You really can't buy entertainment like this. . . Lot's of people try. . . but I don't have to. : )

p.s. Whoever thought up those marshmallow shooters is quite the genius. They're surprisingly effective and seriously accurate.

No comments: