Friday, January 4, 2008

Ouch

Yesterday was fun. Our baby girl, Laenabug, made it into Concert Choir. She was sort of nervous about the audition, so I was relieved and really excited when she told us she'd made it. Way cool! : ) Sort of anti-climactic, though, when we pulled into the driveway after school, (her car is unregistered and out of commission), and discovered that a stray ice ball (of course thrown randomly by some excited school children) had shattered the back window of her car. Bizarre. The highs and lows that pervade our winter afternoons. . . ; ) She was upset. I'm not concerned at all. Insurance'll pick it up, or at least eat half of it. No big deal. If I had a nickel. . . : ) Seriously.

But on to the good stuff. I've been sadly neglecting my wifely/housewifely duties the last few days, (including blogging obviously), because of the unbelievably addicting new novel TwiLight. Ouch. I couldn't put it down. The story line is sooo very intense. . scintillating, amazingly intricate with hidden meanings/twists every other page. It's a non-stop wild vampire ride. LOOOVED it. Gimmee more. Bring it on. Of course nothing will get done around the house. . . but I've had enough with all the crazy, holiday rushing around garbage anyway. Who needs it. It's time to take some time off, and curl up with a good book. Not an easy feat to accomplish when you have a gaggle of kids to take care of, but what are ya gonna do. . . Ironically, I'll probably be more 'exhausted' after finishing the next book than I would have been after an afternoon of mad Christmas shopping during a blizzard. Wow, Baby.

People may say Twilight, etc is a vampire story, but it's actually a love story saga, cleverly twisted, entangled, intertwined with dark vampire/werewolf action. Chases, savage bloody fighting, but still amazingly clean. Again, wow. How does she do it? If I ever get to meet this Stephenie Meyer girl, I will feel privileged indeed. : ) It's an absolute art form, the intense anticipation/apprehension you feel when you throw yourself into this very yummy story of hers. Oh! And p.s. they're making a movie out of it, the way they do with every good book, and Baby, I'm buying tickets. OH yeah. Permit me a delighted, wicked chuckle. : ) HA ha ha ha ha. Of course my husband tossed me one of those semi-sarcastic "Maybe you could put the book down and take care of your FAMILY. . " complete with dirty look, last night.

Ouch. We'll see. . . . ; )

No comments: