Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Family Size?

Brrrr! It's cold outside! I just got back from the grocery store, running errands, etc, and wow! It's downright freezing!
Looking for something for dinner, I picked up a box of Stauffer's ravioli w cheese and sauce, (well I sure hope so), and read the top line. Large. Family size. Were they kidding?! It's barely enough to feed one of our boys. . . no, It's barely enough to feed more than one of our boys, if you get my meaning. We had to bump it up a while ago to 'party size' lasagnas for family dinners and that's still not quite working for us. We really have to get 2. Of everything. Somebody always wants more. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It reminds me of last Sunday. . My hubby said to me, when I complained that our son Clint kept us waiting before church, so he could get his sunglasses, in spite of the fact that it was snowing . . "Wow, honey! A fifteen year old boy, trying to look cool. . No way." : ) Kind of like a fifteen year old boy, eating you out of house and home. . But yikes! The neighbors weren't kidding. We DO have to bring it in by the truck load! Who'd a thunk? : ) It's the dawn of a new era. . . But not really. I have 6 brothers, so we've definitely been there before. : )

1 comment:

Ben said...

Don't forget to add vegetables or salad to the meal to fill their stomachs with less calories and more nutrients, then you might not need as much pasta. :) Of course, this may be unrealistic.