Thursday, January 24, 2008

Skating with Paul Oakenfold

My hubby is a big fan of Paul Oakenfold. I'm not even sure how to spell it. . . Evidently he's a pretty good DJ, or some such talent. When Charlie was in Germany last month he even thought about driving to Warsaw, Poland, to see this guy perform. Good grief. Anyway, apparently Oakenfold is gonna be here in Salt Lake this weekend, playing it up downtown somewhere. Problem is, we've already got plans. A previous engagement, if you will. I feel the need to quote one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride: "I, myself, am often surprised at life's little quirks. ." One can't help but smile. : )

Speaking of favorite movies, however, I feel a bit less inclined to smile, because just a few minutes ago my 15 month old baby boy decided to ice skate gracefully across our tile entryway, standing, I should point out, on 2 of my favorite DVD's, which were face down of course. Yeah. Resigned as usual, I just threw them away. There was no point in trying to see if they would play. . . Sigh. These are the types of days when you just have to take a deep, cleansing breath, and let it all go. . . right into file 13. Ugh.

Maybe I'll toss on some Paul Oakenfold and try to find my center. . . whatever that means.

No comments: