Sunday, January 13, 2008

Drill Sargent Mama

A friend of ours called recently, an Army Lieutenant, and during the course of the conversation, he mentioned that he now commands about a hundred and fifty men.

"Well, I command 7." I responded. "Sometimes 8, depending on the day." : )

Yes, it's true. Some would call me a Drill Sargent. For years now, if our boys got out of line, we'd have 'em do push ups, where ever they happened to be.You know, the old 'drop and give me twenty.' I didn't care if we were in Walmart, Wendy's, the park down the street. . whatever. Recently, I've gone a little soft, and haven't demanded such 'military' performance of our uncooperative offspring . . But what's amazing is, up until about a year ago, they'd still do 'em! : ) Push ups. Wow. Pretty wild.

Sometimes I wonder if my parenting style leaves something to be desired. . . ; )

1 comment:

Ben said...

That's awesome!