Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

My husband Charlie's got 2 tickets to the Jazz game in the Coke Suite tonight, at the once-upon-a-time Delta Center here in Salt Lake. Yay! I love the Coke suite! It's always catered, and you always have a great view of whatever it is that you're watching. Over the years we've been to Basketball games, Disney on Ice, Hockey tournaments, etc. It's great fun. : )

Our little girl Laena is probably gonna babysit for our 'date'. We'll take the baby of course. I can't leave him yet. Not until he figures out the stairs. Laena' so funny. I was trying to tell her about it, but for some reason my tongue got tied in a knot, and she said:

"Yeah, yeah. You're going to some game. . . where a ball is thrown. . . Yippee." I guess she wanted to party it up with her friends. I don't think so, Little Miss Silly. She actually asked us if she could have a guy friend of hers over 'to help her babysit'. I just about fell off the couch laughing. I don't know if you've ever seen our daughter, but if you can imagine Britney Spears meeting Marilyn Monroe, you'd maybe have some idea of why we'd prefer her not to have boys over when we're away. Ha ha ha! Ho ho ho! : ) Someday she'll understand.

Last night she also asked me the age old question, dreaded by parents everywhere. . .

"Mama! Can I borrow your car?" Again, ha ha ha, hee hee hee. The audacity of that child. Well, you know what they say. . . Kids that age will push their limits every chance they get. Our girlypoo is certainly no exception! Oy. But hey, that's okay! Me and my hubby are going on a date! Hee hee hee hee hee! Haaaappy New Year!

No comments: