Sunday, December 16, 2007

Teefers!

It seems that babies and young children are in cahoots. They all have this bizarre habit of diving backward into your teeth if they want to 'get down' when you're holding them. They want you to put them down! They want to run and play and they evidently figure thrashing around and throwing themselves into the great beyond are the best ways to accomplish this. All of our kids have generally nailed me right in the mouth at least once or twice. . . I even have a knot in my lip, STILL, from 13 years ago when our son Eric caught me unawares. Kids also love to jump up and bounce when you're bending down to tell them something, clocking you on the chin, making you bite clean through your lip. Not a pleasant sensation. It's gotta be some kind of a conspiracy. Cause they ALL . . do it. I really shouldn't have any front teeth left at all, as many times, over the years, as our children have tried to come snuggle in the middle of the night, and then being half asleep, have laid back hard on the 'pillow' which usually ends up being . . my face. If I had a nickel for every time that I've figured on waking up to a whole lot of necessary dental reconstruction, I'd be a rich Mama indeed. Fat lips. Gotta love 'em! I suppose this could be considered humorous. . . . especially after Mommy has done her make up all pretty, to bloody her lip yet again, and then stain her white sweater. . . but if you'll listen, you'll hear birds chirping. Cause I ain't laughin'.

No comments: