Monday, April 21, 2008

Circus Down South

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695272400,00.html

Ridiculous bunch of garbage. Cops are being jerks. Shouldn't be taking people's kids.

And according to a friend of mine, and logical, thinking people everywhere. . .

"I hear you. It does seem like massive overkill. I understand the state's interest in protecting children against abuse, and in enforcing minimum age on marriage. I have never heard of a situation, though, in which such concerns have been said to justify this kind of massive separation of families.

What if the city of Chicago had gone into a project and said that, because we know there are some kids being abused here, and because there seems to be a culture that consistently produces a certain amount of abuse, ALL of the children in the project are going to be taken from their moms? Riots would begin within the hour, and the media would demand the head of whoever authorized the plan.

So I ask myself...why not here?"

Nailed it.

Accordingly I responded: "Oh, and hey, where are all the 'dads' in the Chicago projects? Are they going after them? Does anybody care?"

Pow.

And there it is.

So if you're Christian, you can take a hit. . . If you're anything else, it's a violation of your personal and religious freedoms.

Uh-huh. I don't think so.

No comments: