Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The More, The Merrier! : )

Welp, looks like someone's trying to be funny.

I can't tell if this is a JOKE, or if my obnoxious brother is just releasing this information on April Fool's Day on purpose just to keep people guessing. He'd do it, I know he would. . . You be the judge. And I do think you're stealing a bit of Mark's and even Annie's thunder, little bro. . . Just kidding. Ha ha ha. Gotta play along with the holiday. . . : )

(from an email)

Kim and I have some exciting news. We've been waiting to tell anyone because we didn't want to rain on Mark's parade (for those of you on Kim's side, my brother Mark and and his wife Sarah recently had their first baby), but this morning we had our first ultra-sound and we decided this was the right time to let everyone know that yes, Kim is pregnant, and yes this is the last time we're ever making that mistake again. Why a mistake? Because we're having twins, and being mentally prepared for one new bundle of joy doesn't quite prepare you for the news that your joy is destined to be two-fold. We're hoping for a boy and a girl, but it's too early to tell yet. Due date is mid September, so hooray for more September birthdays! (For those of you on my side, Kim's family has like 5 or 6 September birthdays already.)

Thought you'd like to know. Have a lovely day.

(end of email)

Hey! My birthday is in September! Cool!

I called and asked Charlie if he'd read my blog. His response was immediate.

"You've sold me out, haven't you."

"No! IIIII. . uh. . " He exhaled, disgusted, before I could even finish.

"Ahhhh! I knew it!"

Hee hee hee. : P

He's convinced that this is a grand old prank. : ) I don't think so. The people in our family, with a couple of obvious exceptions, are just too . . . serious. Ha ha ha ha ha. But I shall get to the bottom of this! I'm going to call Kim! She'll come clean. She'll give me the low down!

That's right Baby! Or should I say . . . babies!

FYI, identical twins run in our family. My mother is one, Charlie and I have a set of twin boys, his brother's wife had a set herself, my mother's aunts on her dad's side are identical twins, my paternal grandfather's dad was an identical twin, LeeAnn's brothers are twin boys. . . we could go ooonnnnn, and on and on. : )

Permit me a crooked smile, and a sideways glance at the sky. Keep sending 'em down! Isn't this great! If it isn't a joke, it sure is a joke on Hyrum! Someone up there certainly has a sense of humor. I think it's fantastic! I'm all about babies. : ) I kinda wanna have 9. . . Ha ha ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Yeah, I thought he was serious cuz I didn't even know it was April Fool's day. I guess I could look at the calendar now and then. :)