Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mama Fun : )

Our daughter Laena wore a tee-shirt to school today that said: "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot . . . Like . . Me" on the front. I thought that a bit ostentatious, so after a moment of pondering, I called her on her cell phone. They were still driving to school.

I pointed out that . . "Don't you think it's a bit presumptuous of you . . to assume that you are hotter than everybody else's girlfriend. . . " She didn't think that was one bit funny. : ) Hee he hee, chortle.

"Is that why you're calling me?!" she demanded.

I grinned and hung up.

Later, when we were on our way home from school, we passed a young man with a skateboard. He wasn't 'skating', he was looking down at a little black contraption his hand. It had buttons on it.

"Hey look! He's got his cell phone out too!" I gushed cheerily. And then, as if enlightened. "Are you guys talking . . ?" Big obnoxious smile.

"NO." She exhaled abruptly, annoyed. "Mother, you are so immature!"

: )

It is so much fun teasing those kids. . . I don't do it all the time, of course, but when Mama gets on a roll. . . better watch out!

No comments: