Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Injuries - Incurred in The Line of Duty

Well, this is just. . great. I finally get to take a break from the babysitting, and that very same day I discover something that I knew already, but didn't want to think about. Validated by a seasoned medical professional. This is my third opinion, by the way. Not gonna jump into it like last time. No-thank-you! But, yes, evidently I have a small tear in the muscle wall on the right side of my abdomen, otherwise known as a hernia! Yay! Yippee! I get to have surgery. . again! I wonder if the almost eleven pound baby, or maybe her 2 younger 9-and-something pound brothers had anything to do with this. . . Hmmmm.

You know what? I'm gonna pass. The doc said it's not particularly dangerous at this point, so it's more of an elective procedure. . . for now. Well, I'm electing to bag it. I'm baggin' the whole idea. Last time I went in, to fix my dysfunctional gall bladder, it was a horrible experience. I couldn't seem to wake up from the anesthesia, and when I finally did, I was conscious, but I couldn't move, and I couldn't breathe. . . It was just . . unpleasant. I ended up having to stay the night in the hospital. . I do not want to voluntarily put myself there again. Ew. For now, I'm gonna pass. Sigh.

Naturally, because of this information/revelation, I am very depressed. I am bummed, bummed, bummed. Down in the dumps. Lethargic, unmotivated, in need of some sort of pick me up. Ah! I have it. Pier 49 Pizza! Best take out pizza on the planet. I think I'm gonna call them up and order a large Alfredo tomato bad boy just for me! And yes, I'm gonna eat it all by myself! Or at least try to. . . We'll see what happens. . . Wish me luck! : ) Italian food, dripping with cheese, will of course make it all better!

5 comments:

Matthew Tanner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I couldn't agree with you more---sometimes pizza is the best pick me up. Sorry for the bad news---are you in pain? I hope not too much-----I hope you feel better soon, and never need the surgery!

Amy Mason said...

Nah, it's just annoying. I suppose I'll have to get it fixed sometime. . . Sigh.

Ben said...

So did the Dr. say what the likelyhood of needing surgery a few years down the road is? I hope you're feeling ok.