Friday, April 11, 2008

Wedding Bells . . a Little Too Close!

I am disturbed, shocked and dismayed. I must blog. I must document this moment. jeffy (had to type his name) I heard the news today, if you can believe it, that yet another of Laena's friends is getting married this summer! AAAaaahhhhhh! This is unacceptable. I, at least, had the decency to wait until I was a year out of high school. . . . This simply will not do! I demand a recount! Could this be true?! This is the fourth one! Pardon me. . . (Sob, sob, sniffle, sniffle.) Swallow. Ahem. Cleansing sigh. I refuse to accept these happenings. Surely there must be some mistake. Jefffy. I need to validate the authenticity of these claims. . .

Does it mean anything that I just found the wrench and the candlestick from our clue game, that we've been looking for for the past 2 years . . ?

Laena has just announced that she's calling the bathroom for the next 3 hours. I wonder what it will be like in the far distant future on her wedding day. . .

Sigh. Evidently it's true. After consulting my sources, I have discovered the appalling truth. Si! Es verdad! Apparently these rumors are indeed. . . accurate! Eeek! I am in no way prepared to go to weddings in which the principle characters/players are . . . friends of my daughter. She's only 17! She's just a baby! Sniff, sniff. I suppose one of the girls is very capable. . . and 3 of them are seniors. . . (One's graduating early. . )

No, now I'm just rationalizing. And as much as I enjoyed drinking in the ultra-romantic Twilight series, I still disapprove of girls getting married when they are 18 years old. So there. I said it. True, I am the world's biggest hypocrite, and yes, it would be worse for boys, but I still think people should live their lives a bit first, just for a minute please, before tying the knot! Hooking up, hitching up, taking the plunge. . . whatever you want to call it, I believe in a conservative couple of years of college first. After all, it's a big decision. . . Am I wrong?!

But hey, maybe that's not for everyone. . Call me CRAZY! . . . Aaahhh!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yikes, that is scary!!! Hopefully your sweet girl will hold out for a lot longer!!!

Amy Mason said...

Right on, Baby! Here's hoping!

Ben said...

I agree.